15 January 2018 – 7 Days
A TRULY UNIQUE & SPECIAL ESCORTED PACKAGE
Ice & Snow World – Sun Island Snow Sculptures – Zhaolin Park International
Ice Carving, Private Ice Carving Demo – Ice Swimming Demo – Siberian Tiger Park
Jewish Synagogue – Buddhist Precinct – Central Street Russian Precinct
Japanese Germ Warfare Base 731 – Night Lights Spectacular
The Harbin Ice and Snow Festival is a totally unique artistic and cultural event, originally started in 1963. Interrupted for several years by China’s Cultural Revolution, the Festival then recommenced in its current format in 1985 and has run annually ever since. The festival now attracts a million visitors to Harbin over its approximately six weeks duration, and is recognised as the most outstanding of the four major ice and snow festivals in the world. Harbin sits on the same latitude in the northern hemisphere as Dunedin NZ in the southern hemisphere but is much colder. Temperatures can reach as low as -35°C, meaning the warmth and comforts of a good base hotel are essential.
Harbin will surprise you! It is one of China’s largest cities, growing over 100 years from a base camp for Russian engineers surveying for construction of the eastern end extension of the Trans Siberian rail line. It was also home for up to 25,000 Jews fleeing persecution in the early 1900’s. Prior to the Second World War, this area was considered (along with Palestine and Morocco) as a possible permanent home for the Jews. In 1945 most Jews departed for Israel and Japan, but a significant Jewish presence still remains. The historic influence of foreign cultures can best be found in Daoli District, the oldest and most interesting part of town.
You see pictures of this amazing spectacle on TV news broadcasts every January. There is nothing else like it on earth! A large area is dedicated to half size reproductions of world icons, famous palaces, and huge sculptures. They are built from blocks of ice carved from the Songhua River, and highlighted at night by fluorescent lighting from inside.
• 1 night Pullman Guangzhou (5-Star)
• 5 Night’s accommodation at Shangri-la Hotel (5-Star), Harbin/Riverview rooms
• Return flights Brisbane, Guangzhou, Harbin with China Southern Airlines
• Breakfast, lunches and dinners included (as per itinerary)
• Entrance fees: Ice and Snow World, Sun Island Snow Sculptures, Zhaolin Park Ice
Sculputures, Ice Swimming, Siberian Tiger Park, Germ Warfare Base, St Sophia Church, Buddhist Temple,
• Private Ice Carving Demonstration
• Transfers and land travel in and around Harbin by coach with English speaking guide
• Full time services of an experienced guide in Harbin and Tour Escort ex Australia
• All tipping related to everything included in this package
7 Days – $4,910 per person, ex Brisbane
Departing Brisbane: 15 Jan 2018 Returning Brisbane: 22 Jan 2018
Single Supplement $875