Like the gold that wooed the Spanish conquistadors to its shores, South America offers an abundance of riches and a rhythm that will resonate for a lifetime. From the raw pulsating energy of Rio, the European sophistication of Buenos Aires and the mystery of long-lost civilisations in Peru, to the awe-inspiring peaks of the Andes and the steamy secrets hidden in the lush folds of the Amazon, South America is a continent of contrasts – alluring, intoxicating and unforgettable. Whether it be the Inca ruins at Machu Picchu, the roar of Iguassu Falls or Rio’s exotic beach culture, a journey through South America is to see some of the most dramatic sights and scenery on earth. Rich in Spanish and Portuguese colonial history and a mix of other European, African and indigenous Indian cultures, South America has a diversity and exotic flavour all its own. Here nature is at its finest and most spectacular, and the cities are among the most exciting and cosmopolitan in the world. Like the seduction of the Tango, South America’s treasures are best embraced up close and personally.
• Nazca Lines & Ballestas Islands
• Cusco – colourful Indian Markets and Sacred Valley of the Incas
• Machu Picchu – Full day visit to the famous ruins & 2 nights in the mountain village of Aquas Calientes
• Lima – Presidential Palace, Plaza de Armas and Old Colonial City
• Lake Titicaca – Visit Uros floating reed islands and Sun Island
• Amazon River Cruise – Local Indian village visits, Amazon Forest Walks, Bird and Caimen spotting excursions
• Buenos Aires – Gaucho Fiesta Day on the Pampas – Folkloric Performances